DB2 LUW Solutions Expert - Chris Fierros
Provide world-class consulting, database administration, and support services to IBM Information
Management clients and business partners implementing IBM DB2 database technologies on distributed
client server open systems platforms with DB2 Universal Database (UDB) for Linux, Unix, and Windows (DB2 for LUW).
Over ten years relational database management systems experience with DB2 UDB for Linux, Unix, and
Windows (DB2 for LUW) in industries including; software, hardware, defense, manufacturing, insurance,
entertainment, retail, cable, utilities, transport, parcel, money transfer, bill payment, banking, and state
governments. IBM certified professional DB2 Database Administrator with extensive hands on experience with IBM DB2 database technologies including:
- Installation, configuration, and upgrade experience (including automated response file) on
symmetrical multi-processing (SMP), massively parallel processor (MPP), Unisys cellular multi
-processing (CMP), IBM non-uniform memory access (NUMA), and virtual blade server systems with enterprise storage area networks (SAN) and VMware virtual machine servers.
- Instance and database creation and configuration (including auto-configure) in non-partitioned and
partitioned database servers including multiple logical (MLP) and multiple physical partition (MPP) configurations.
- Client server communications configuration experience using TCP/IP, NetBIOS, SNA (APPC),
IPX/SPX, and clustering over system area networks with TCP/IP and Virtual Interface Architecture (VIA) protocols.
- Database utility experience including reorg, runstats, rebind, export, import, load, auto-load, backup,
restore and recover database utilities.
- Database backup and recovery experience with online full and incremental backups, online and offline
transaction log archiving, restore and roll-forward (including redirected restore), and recover database utilities.
- High availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) experience with DB2 HADR, offline transaction log
shipping, split mirror images, data replication, and Microsoft Clustering Services (MSCS) using SCSI and SAN subsystems.
- Instance and database monitoring and tuning experience using the DB2 Health Center, Snapshot and
Event monitors to monitor and optimize instance and database configuration parameters, table spaces, and buffer pools.
- Database and SQL statement access plan optimization experience with DB2’s Explain, Visual
Explain, and Design Advisor tools.
- Data replication experience using DB2 Data Replication (DPropR) from DB2 mainframe and DB2 to
DB2 client/server databases including Replicas (update anywhere) subscriptions.
- DB2 stored procedure (SP), user defined function (UDF), and user defined table function experience
with DB2 SQL/PL.
- Database analysis, design, and reverse-engineering experience using Power Designer Data Architect,
Embarcadero ER/Studio, and ERwin.
- DB2 system, instance, and database security and auditing experience using table definitions, triggers
, data replication, and automated monitoring and alerting of security events recorded by the DB2 Audit Facility.
- Extensive experience automating database maintenance and monitoring with shell scripts including
automating system event logging, e-mail alerting, and reporting using the DB2 utilities and Command
Line Processor (CLP) with the Windows Shell, Windows Scripting Host (WSH), and Open Object REXX.
- Database migration experience from DB2 on mainframe platforms to DB2 for Windows as well as
Sybase ASE and Sybase SQL Anywhere to DB2 for Linux with the IBM DB2 Migration Toolkit.
- IBM Problem management, and resolution (PMR) experience with DB2 diagnostic log facility,
administration notification log, trace facilities, db2 inspect, DB2 database analysis reporting tool (db2dart) and the IBM DB2 Lab.
Author of Doing More with More - The New and Improved DB2 UDB v8.2 published August 2004 by
DB2 Magazine (www.db2mag.com).
Author of More Scripting with DB2 UDB for Windows published June 2004 by IBM DB2
DeveloperWorks website (www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2).
Author of DB2 UDB Scripting with Windows Scripting Host article published November 2003 by IBM
DB2 DeveloperWorks website (www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2).
Speaker on Scaling DB2 UDB on Windows Server 2003 at IBM's eServer xSeries 2003 Technical
Conference, Orlando, FL.
Co-author of IBM Redbook Scaling DB2 UDB on Windows Server 2003 published September 2003 by
IBM International Technical Support Organization, Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA (www.ibm.com/redbooks).
Technical Editor for Learning DB2 Universal Database by Susan Visor and Bill Wong published
August 2003 by SAMS Publishing.
Instructor of A Technical Introduction to DB2 Universal Database v6 and v7 July 2003, February 2003,
and March 2002.
Author of An Introduction to DB2 UDB Scripting on Windows article published July 2003 by IBM DB2
Developer Domain (www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd).
Author of DB2 UDB v8.1 Exploitation of Windows Environments published January 2003 by IBM
International Technical Support Organization, Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA.
Subject Matter Expert on IBM Professional Certification Program for IBM Certified Advanced
Technical Expert - DB2 UDB 8.1 Advanced Database Administration for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
Author of Scaling Up on Windows 2000 published July 2002 by DB2 Magazine Online.
Speaker on Scaling-Up on Windows 2000 Datacenter Server at International DB2 Users Group (IDUG)
2002 North America conference, San Diego, CA.
IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator – DB2 LUW v9
IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator – DB2 UDB v8
IBM Certified Solutions Expert - DB2 UDB v7, v6, v5 Database Administrator
IBM Certified Solutions Expert - DB2 UDB v7, v6, v5 Application Developer
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert – DB2 Clustering (EEE)
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert – DB2 Replication (DPROPR)
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert – DB2 Connect (DRDA)